Monday, December 28, 2015

After slaying the High Lord, we found a barren realm; Aldrich we had slain first, and the Pontiff had himself, fled. Or'do indicated that his mattered not, for in the course of our brief journey, we had gained all the ashes of fallen Lords. This was all we required. How we passed by Wolnir first, was something I dared not question; Or'do had merely knelt as if in prayer, and when we rose, it was in the company of Aldrich.

It was thus, that I strode back to the Shrine without fear. A few final preparations and we shall begin the usurpation. First, I went to Irina of Carim, and with ice in my veins, trepidation heavy on my shoulders, I apologized for what I must do. As she imparted the holy miracles, her own light burned with furious heat; I feared that perhaps the darkness of my own heart, would be the death of me, that the Fire knew of our betrayal, and would render the life from me in its fury. Then, the sensation passed, and looking up her, I knew that she was no longer the woman I lifted from the gloom so long ago.  Her power flooded through me, giving me the strength for that which must come next.

I stood, darkness visible only to my troubled eyes, swirling around me like a cloak tattered from its adventures. "Thank you," I whispered, then on the verge of collapse, "I am so sorry for what I must do, for what I must force upon you."

If she understood my meaning, she gave no sign. Smiling still, she bid me well, and with steps heavy as the stones from which this place was forged, I strode back to the true Keeper.

NPC

No comments:

Post a Comment