Friday, December 25, 2015

I knelt before the heat of yet another bonfire, waiting upon the High Wall of Lothric for Or'do to conjure me. Despite the ever more trying nature of these infinite realms, I could not imagine Gundyr as much of a threat to someone as mighty as my comrade; whether such an observation was mere hubris, or the enlightened words of one well aware of his allies' capabilities, I would soon learn. Before me, the gilded glyphs that offered my service, burned away, and with a startling lurch, I was torn from my realm into his.

Raising my arms overhead in the typical manner of those aligned with the Sunlight covenant, I rose from the earth before him as if it were little more than water thickened with blood and silt.

"Whom shall we slay?" I asked, tilting at the waist in a shallow bow, which he readily returned.

"The Dancer by far one of our more difficult foes is. I suggest that we slay her before moving on to the easier task of Vordt."

"I've known clods more troublesome than he," I said, nodding my assent. With that, we set out, easily smashing undead to wisps of smoke and shattered bone beneath our blades, the force of our blows hurling them against the farthest wall, offering a gruesome spectacle not unlike that of a melon dropped from great height.

Swiftly we carved our way through the realm, and in short order stood before her gate; its smouldering veil ominous only to those unfamiliar with combat, or perhaps less mighty than we. Or'do neither paused nor voiced concern of any shade, merely passed through the door, and bid that I do the same. Carthus rouge shimmered along our weapons' notched yet infallibly keen edges as we stood defiant before her.

No comments:

Post a Comment