Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Like a whirlwind of razor shards, a scream of fury and pain tore from Or'do's throat. He slammed the ornate blade of his greatsword into the earth, and heaved himself to his feet. Again, he roared, both arms spread wide, head tilted back.

For the longest time, I was alone. Or'do thought, yet never had I thought myself in need of company save for that of my blade.

Aleorn had turned his gaze skyward, studying the stars with softly radiant eyes. "How many worlds must we conquer?" He asked, his voice hollow once more.

"As many as there are." Or'do said. "The pair of us, are unstoppable."

Or'do bellowed, twisting his entire body as he ripped the blade free, and brandished it against the forces of darkness. Flame swelled in his breast, rippling along his body, transfiguring his undead flesh to a patchwork of glowing ember and black char. He roared again, sweeping the blade in a broad arc, crashing through the horde before him with the radiant fury of a fallen star. One step he took, his pulse an ominous thunder in his ears.

"We are unstoppable." Or'do lunged, lowering his shoulder and battering the nearest monster with his entire weight, toppling the mangled creature and in the same fluid motion whipping his blade through its thrashing body.

"I never thought I would have a reason." Aleorn confessed. "A purpose in this eternal life."

"Neither did I." Or'do murmured. And now that I do, I will let nothing take it from me.

With the frenzied force of a raging hurricane he fell upon the siege of shadow, their claws raking his body, their swords rending his flesh, yet he waded on all the same. Slogging through a mire of silt and blood, he slashed with furious abandon, caring not when a gap in his guard let foul talons slice his ribs, noticing not when his life's warmth turned cold on the stones around him, felt not the glacial pain rolling through him like a frigid tide.

I will let nothing take it from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment